Saturday, April 5, 2014

Update: Tired, Burnt, and Ready for the End

….of this neverending rollercoaster.
You know that dream that we’ve all had when we were kids?
Gee, I can’t wait to be a grownup! I can stay up past 9pm and eat ice cream and gollywhiz, it’s gonna be grand!
Yeah.
No.

So, I’ve been meaning to update this for exactly one week now. Last week, we loaded into the car and drove down for court. Recap: Bryan had been driving on a suspended for over a year without his knowledge, and the crooked cop that had pulled him over tried to cite him for driving like 27 miles over the speed limit when in all honesty it was maybe 5.
Court went WAY better than expected. After waiting for nearly two hours to speak with the public defender, the attorney basically encouraged us to go forward with a not guilty charge. Basically, the cop went about everything completely against protocol, and, being a pretty-well hated dude, the attorney was offering to go to superior court with us for less than half what he normally charges. It’d wind up being a year or so before we’d make it to that court hearing and, because the cop would be forced to recognize he did wrong pulling us over in the first place, and apparently the cops in Blairsville rarely show to court anyway…. we would have won and had all charges dropped. We would have had to do at least three more trips to the courthouse, and, with my anxiety and everything else, we ended up deciding just paying the fines and being done with it.
The judge, upon hearing the story of what went down from the attorney, thankfully let Bryan go without serving jail time, and we paid our nearly $1,000 and went on our way.
So there’s THAT dealt with. Our next issue is/was getting Bryan’s license reinstated. It cost us a whopping $475 to do so, but his license is reinstated, and all’s clear….except he doesn’t have the physical license yet. The arresting officer (cough, different than the one that pulled us over on Christmas, because that’s not fishy) never gave Bryan his license back, never gave it to the courthouse….nothing. So now (long story short) we have to get him a new license in Tennessee (rather than just surrendering the GA license and being issued a TN license), which, in case you didn’t know, requires both a birth certificate and Social Security card…. both of which have been misplaced/damaged/whatever. So, now we’re in the process of tracking all of that down so that my love can have proof that he is indeed legal to drive.

sigh.

In other news.

We got the Save the Dates back from the printers! YAY! I was able to design our own, format it into a 4x6 picture, upload it to Shutterfly, use a couple of discounts, and get 100 prints for roughly $15. Not bad, when normally Save the Dates (I refuse to abbreviate…..) run $1.97 a piece. Well. They do on Walmart.com.

So, theoretically, those would have gone out in the mail like two weeks ago, but you know. WonderWoman over here is running low on juice. I’ve officially hit the point where I’m barely functioning, and writing this blog post was actually a break from the neverending homework that I’ve been choking on. Since we stayed in Blairsville significantly less time than originally planned, and Bryan was with me the entire time (trust me, I’m not complaining), I ended up getting behind in my studies, and you haven’t experienced exhaustion until you’ve literally fallen asleep doing homework, dreamed that you were studying, and woken up studying.
Well, I’m not sure if that’s exhaustion but still. I’ve got 600 pages of Herodotus to read and trust me, that’s more than it sounds. I’ve gotten into the habit where I write out study plans (which I’m currently behind on already but shhhh), and it physically pained me to write it out through next week. You know. Spring Break.

Ooh! I haven’t shared. So I have this AMAZING wonderful, indescribably awesome and completely stellar aunt who, as a Christmas present, has booked a cruise in the Caribbean for myself, my three sisters (psst, Amber, that includes you), Mom, my Mimi (the source of Chelle’s awesomeness), and herself. Week long cruise with the family, soaking up sun, and studying more homework trying to get caught up relaxing from this stress ….sounds like my kinda Spring Break.

So, there’s that update for you.
As the title may suggest, I’m a) tired (of doing homework, of never having downtime, of cleaning, of…….), b) burnt out of doing everything. (Like seriously, real life is giving me a headache previously reserved for too much Nintendo) and ready for the end of the madness.

Til next time, as always, we thank you for all the support and words of encouragement. While we’re still struggling, just gotta take this one day at a time, right?

--Kayla

**As proof of the neverending rollercoaster of madness, I'm posting this a full month after I wrote it, simply because I haven't had the time. Stay tuned for another update on the past month!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say or add? Tell me here!